Waterford Union of Parishes
The Incumbent, Select Vestry and Parish Leaders are committed to uphold good practice in the parish’s ministry with children and young people.
Should you have a concern, suspicion or allegation regarding child welfare in the parish please contact a member of the Parish Panel, listed below.
THE MEMBERS OF THE PARISH PANEL ARE:
Dean Maria Jansson 087 225 5793
Ms Hazel Hemmingway 051 384670
Mr Jonathan Earl 087 230 0700
The Duty Social Worker or the Principal Social Worker may be contacted at:
Child and Family Agency, Social Work Service,
Waterford Community Services, Cork Rd, Waterford.
051 842827 9am – 5pm
or in an emergency contact your local Garda Station
Garda Síochána Vulnerable Persons Protection Unit
Waterford Garda Station, Patrick Street, Waterford
051 305374 / 051 305372 Email: email@example.com
Christ Church Tramore,
St. Andrew’s Dunmore East,
St John the Baptist St Annestown
In order to assist the Waterford Union Select Vestry in maintenance of the Graveyards and Church grounds the following rules apply:
- The Vestry will arrange general maintenance and grass cutting.
- Maintenance of individual grave plots is the responsibility of the family and relatives of the interred.
- Individual graveyards have specific rules in relation to whether kerbs are permitted or not.
- Where there are no kerbs, flowers are to be placed only on the plinth or immediately beside the headstone in order to facilitate ease of maintenance.
- All designs and sizes for head stones, plinths, kerbs and any other grave ornamentation is to be approved in writing by the Rector or Dean (as appropriate) and Church warden before ordering or installation. If permission is not sought then unapproved ornamentation may be removed by the Parish.
- Three months after a burial the grave is to be topped up, levelled and grass seed sown. This can be organised through the undertaker.
- Following the sowing of grass seed all plastic flower arrangements are to be removed and should not be reinstated.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the graveyard is an ongoing cost to the Waterford Union Select Vestry and relatives are asked to consider making an annual donation or standing order to the relevant Parish. Details may be had from the Treasurer.
- At all times the graveyard is to be kept clean and tidy and old flower arrangements, wreaths etc are to be removed. Writing on the headstones must remain legible where possible.
- No personal rubbish, cigarette butts or empty flower pots are to be left in the graveyard for disposal.
- The Graveyard is to be a place of peace and meditation; adherence to an appropriate code of conduct is expected at all times.
Parishioner: Free to donate (between €150 and €250+)
Other: €400 / Cathedral €1000
(Fees approved by diocesan council March 2014)
- Person ceased to reside for more than 5 years ;
All other cases of Christian Burial Open €2,000; Reopen / €1,000
- Person ceased to reside for more than 5 years
All other cases of Christian burial €1,000
Parishioner is a regular attendee at services and/or contributes to church funds on a regular basis. In case of doubt final decision rests with the Dean and the churchwardens.
In the event of a funeral occurring in the cathedral and a coffin is resting in the side chapel, respect for this space must be preserved.