Date(s) - 16/07/2017
CALLING ALL DESIGNERS; PHOTOGRAPHERS; FELT DESIGNERS; FINE ART PRINTERS ; CROCHET/KNITTING DESIGNERS; CLAY/CERAMIC ARTISTS….
CONFIRMED DATES FOR ART ON THE RAILINGS WATERFORD 2017 ARE:
Saturday 15 July 11:00am – 4:00 pm
Spraoi: Saturday 5 August 11:00am-4:00pm
Daytripper: Saturday 26 August 11:00am-4:00pm
Harvest Festival: Saturday 9 September 11:00am-4:00pm
The aim of exhibition is give artists the opportunity to connect and build the art community within the city. We are using the festival dates to utilise the amount of visitors to the area, therefore maximising the visibility of the artworks and sales opportunities. The exhibitions will take place on the above date confirmed over the summer months, with the artwork hung from railings in specified spaces within and surrounding the Viking Triangle from 11am to 4pm
How It Works
• Simply get in touch via email or Facebook. The Coordinator will send you out a Submission Form to be signed and retuned. Once returned, a space will then be reserved. This form is to ensure that AOTR’s has all necessary contact details for each artist on file
• Artist spaces are approximately 4 feet across and artwork is to hang from railings only.
• The event is held from 11am to 4pm each Saturday and we ask all artists to be in place 30 minutes before event at a minimum.
• AOTR’S 2017 Exhibition is weather dependent. All participants will be expected to make contact with the coordinator the morning of the event should weather conditions be a barrier to continuing on that day.
• The organisers retain a discretionary policy for participation, please do not hang anything that would offend our visitors, children or your mother!
• A booking fee of €10 per event, per artist and non-refundable. This booking fee must be paid on the morning of/or before set up to the AOTR Coordinator.
• AOTR’s does not hold artwork insurance. There are no facilitators on site so supervision of the space/work is solely the responsibility of the artist.
• Artists will be grouped accordingly including collectives, groups and/or mediums as appropriate.
AOTR’s 2017 is a joint collaboration of Waterford Arts office and The Viking Triangle Trust Co